With GritMoves, we strive to bring you the latest in emerging textile performance technology from around the globe and share what we’ve learned. Our styles are developed to be eco-friendly and sustainable, a practice at the core of our philosophy and DNA.
Our collection incorporates intelligent textile technologies from vendors such as Swiss Schoeller™, a leader in innovation of performance fabrics. Properties include water and wind repellence, breathability, heat and moisture transfer, UV protection, stain and dirt resistance. High-quality textiles have a longer service life, look better over time and can remain in use longer, helping to preserve the environment, keep healthy and saves resources.
Some of our technical features and standards include (read more):
1. Bluesign© is a system that provides safer and more sustainable environments for people to work in and everyone to live in. Powered by a holistic approach, Bluesign© traces each textile’s path along the manufacturing process, making improvements at every stage from factory floor to finished product. It changes the environmental impact of textiles for good
2. OEKO-TEX® – STANDARD 100 is one of the world’s best-known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances. It stands for customer confidence and high product safety. The test is conducted by independent OEKO-TEX® partner institutes on the basis of OEKO-TEX”S® extensive criteria catalog.
3. ECOREPEL® and ECOREPELBio® are based on long paraffin chains that wrap themselves in a spiral around the individual fibers – this reduces the surface tension so that water droplets and even aqueous dirt simply run off. Breathability and comfort are not impacted and the feel remains pleasantly soft.
3. 3XDRY® and 3XDRYBio® – The outside of the textile is water and dirt repellent. At the same time, the on inside of the textile perspiration is quickly absorbed and transferred away from the body and moisture is distributed over the surface and evaporates rapidly. As a result, with 3XDRY® garments dry much faster in comparison to garments using conventional legacy textiles.
4. coldblack® is a finishing technology designed for textiles that are exposed to sunlight over extended periods. coldblack® prevents the textile from heating up and provides reliable protection from UV rays. For this twofold sun protection, coldblack® combines unusual features: absorption and reflection.
There are a growing number of random standards; candidly we’re a bit exhausted and meh on certs. At GritMoves we believe that “actions speak louder than words or certs” and to “lead by example”. You can follow us on this topic on our website or at #GritSustainable.